Cerro Madsen is an excellent option for those who want to climb a summit in El Chaltén of low technical difficulty and with the most incredible views of Fitz Roy guaranteed.
We will walk the way that leads us to the Poincenot camp, where we will spend the night. On the second day we will continue our hike towards the famous Laguna de los Tres to reach Cerro Madsen summit with the most incredible views.
Day 1: EL CHALTÉN – POINCENOT CAMP
We start at picking you up at your hotel and from El Chaltén we begin the hike to Poincenot camp. On the way we will cross the viewpoint of the Río de las Vueltas and Laguna Capri.
We will spend the night at Poincenot camp, where we can enjoy a delicious dinner and then we will rest in bedroom tents.
Hiking time: 3:00 hrs.
Distance: 7,5 km
Elevation gain: 300 m (maximum elevation gain during the day)
Meals: Box Lunch, Dinner
Accommodation: Camp (sleeping tent in double occupancy, sleeping bag & insulating mat)
Day 2: POINCENOT CAMP – CERRO MADSEN SUMMIT – EL CHALTÉN
After breakfast, we will start again, towards Laguna de los Tres, and then continue through rocky and snowy terrain to the summit of Cerro Madsen. The last meters are an easy climb to reach its summit with the most incredible views.
In the afternoon we will return to El Chaltén transiting through a forest of Lengas, having known the best of the area. End of services.
Hiking time: 8:00 hrs.
Distance: 15 km
Elevation gain: 1,050 m (maximum elevation gain during the day)
Meals: Breakfast, Box Lunch
Accommodation: Not included
The hiking times, distances and elevation gains are tentative.
Remember that each person will have to carry their own personal equipment, box lunch and water during all the program route.
- Mountain guide
- One night at Poincenot Camp (sleeping tent in double occupancy, sleeping bag & insulating mat)
- Meals specified in the itinerary
- Personal equipment
- Porters for personal equipment
- All the services that are not specified in this program
- A backpack of 30 liters capacity (Day pack)
- Trekking boots
- Synthetic mountain stockings (2 pairs)
- Strong fleece pants, trekking or other synthetic material
- Waterproof trousers with side closures (we recommend Gore-tex)
- Two synthetic polypropylene shirts
- Polar fleece jacket
- Duvet or synthetic jacket for warmth when not hiking
- Waterproof Shell jacket with hood (we recommend Gore-tex)
- Polar fiber cap
- Glacier sun glasses with UV filter for high solar radiation
- One sun cap
- One pair of polar gloves
- Plastic bottle (if possible, wide mouth, Nalgene type)
- Headlamp (with replacement batteries)
- Multi-purpose penknife
- Sunscreen cream (SPF 50)
- Lipstick with sunscreen (SPF 50)
- Personal first aid kit with personal medicines
- Wide adhesive tape for blisters
- Hygiene items reduced to the minimum necessary
- Photographic equipment
- One pair of trekking or ski poles (optional)
Booking Code: A – FRE 35