The Río de las Vueltas is born in the Lago del Desierto and, as its name indicates it, it descends towards the Viedma lake, making numerous curves through lenga forests and vertical walls. It is one of the most important rivers in the area and transports water from the melting of glaciers in the region.
From our privileged position in the kayak and for more than 10 kilometers we can enjoy the best views of the Fitz Roy and its satellite needles, with an entirely different perspective from what can be seen from a path. Enjoy with us this unique and unforgettable experience.
10:30 am, presentation at the Fitz Roy Expediciones office and transportation to Laguna Condor Mountain Refuge (20 km).
Once we arrived our guide will give us a briefing about the activity. At the same time, he will help us with equipment testing, fitting the appropriate clothing and safety elements (neoprene suits, boots, and gloves, life jacket and helmet). We will also do some practices and techniques before approaching the river.
When we begin the descent, we will do more rowing practices in the Laguna Cóndor; and our guide will help us with any questions or queries we have. We will continue a unique and fun descent, where we will achieve unparalleled views of the Fitz Roy massif.
Upon arrival in Bonanza, we can use the changing rooms to put on dry clothes that the transport will have taken to the place. After enjoying a snack, we will go to the Fitz Roy Expediciones office. End of services.
Kayaking time: 1:45 hrs.
Distance: 10 km
Accommodation: Not included
- Transportation from El Chaltén to Refugio Laguna Cóndor
- Enabled kayak guide
- Technical equipment for the activity (kayak and paddles)
- Individual safety equipment (helmet and life jacket)
- Gardener (Long John), jacket and neoprene stockings
- Radio communication with El Chaltén
- Transportation from Bonanza to El Chaltén
- Box lunch
- All the services that are not specified in this program
- A backpack of 20 liters capacity, to leave your clothes during the activity
- Extra clothes for a change
- Extra footwear for use with neoprene socks
- One pair of gloves
- Glacier sun glasses with UV filter for high solar radiation
- One sun cap
- Sunscreen cream (SPF 50)
- Lipstick with sunscreen (SPF 50)
- Hygiene items
- Photographic camera
Booking Code: FRE 5 (Scheduled Excursion)