An irresistible offer for any adventurer. A mix with the two best adventure activities in the area: Kayak Río de las Vueltas and Ice Trekking Cagliero Glacier. Two days that include everything you need for a great adventure, in the company of our experienced guides. This program begins and ends in El Chaltén, with schedules that allow you to arrive and depart without adding extra nights.
Day 1: EL CHALTÉN – KAYAK – REFUGIO LAGUNA CÓNDOR
10:30 am, presentation at the Fitz Roy Expediciones office and transportation to Laguna Condor Mountain Refuge (20 km).
Once we arrived our guide will give us a briefing about the activity. At the same time, he will help us with equipment testing, fitting the appropriate clothing and safety elements (neoprene suits, boots, and gloves, life jacket and helmet). We will also do some practices and techniques before approaching the river.
When we begin the descent, we will do more rowing practices in the Laguna Cóndor; and our guide will help us with any questions or queries we have. We will continue a unique and fun descent, where we will achieve unparalleled views of the Fitz Roy massif.
Upon arrival in Bonanza, we can use the changing rooms to put on dry clothes that the transport will have taken to the place. After enjoying a snack, we will go to Refugio Laguna Cóndor where we can enjoy a relax.
Later, we can enjoy a delicious three-course dinner in our exclusive restaurant and then we will be able to rest.
Kayaking time: 1:30 hrs.
Distance: 10 km
Accommodation: Cabin with private bathroom or tent, according to the chosen option (double occupancy)
Day 2: REFUGIO LAGUNA CÓNDOR – GLACIAR CAGLIERO – EL CHALTÉN
Around 08:30 am, we will be driven in our vehicle to the Reserva Los Huemules, located very close to Refugio Laguna Cóndor.
Here we will meet our Mountain Guide to start with our hike. The trail goes through three fascinating Lengas forests within a private reserve and away from the busiest trails. We will enjoy the unusual view of Fitz Roy, its northern wall. We continue skirting the Laguna del Diablo through a natural but irregular terrain until we reach the beginning of the Via Ferrata.
As the meters pass, the crossing becomes more and more entertaining, transforming this part of the activity into an excursion in itself and the views will improve as we gain altitude. Approximately 1.30 hours will take us to the Glacier viewpoint.
From the viewpoint a short walk will take us to the front of the glacier and to the “Vivac Cagliero”, our base armed with domes. Here the guides equip us with crampons to start the walk on the glacier proper.
In the afternoon we return to the Vivac Cagliero. We will enjoy nature and the beautiful view while having a hot dink. Then, we begin with the descent by a Tibetan bridge to the Río Diablo and from there to the entrance of the Reserva Los Huemules where our vehicle will be waiting for us (6:00 pm approximately).
Transportation to El Chaltén. End of the services.
Hiking time: 9:00 hrs
Distance: 14 km
Elevation gain: 550 m (maximum elevation gain during the day)
Meals: Breakfast, Box Lunch
Accommodation: Not included
The hiking times, distances and elevation gains are tentative.
Remember that each person will have to carry their own personal equipment, box lunch and water during all the program route.
- Transportation from El Chaltén to Refugio Laguna Cóndor
- Kayak Río de las Vueltas excursion (Enabled kayak guide / technical equipment for the activity: kayak and paddles / individual safety equipment: helmet and life jacket / Gardener: Long John, jacket and neoprene stockings)
- One night at Refugio Laguna Cóndor on a double occupancy (cabins or tents depending on the option selected)
- Transportation from Refugio Laguna Cóndor to Reserva Los Huemules
- Ice trekking Glaciar Cagliero excursion (mountain guide / Reserva Los Huemules entrance fee / technical equipment for the activity: crampons, harnesses, helmets, etc.)
- Meals specified in the itinerary
- Transportation from Reserva los Huemules to El Chaltén
- Box lunch (day 1)
- Personal equipment
- All the services that are not specified in this program
- A backpack of 30 liters capacity (Day pack)
- Water-proof trekking boots
- Synthetic mountain stockings (2 pairs)
- Strong fleece pants, trekking or other synthetic material
- Waterproof trousers with side closures (we recommend Gore-tex)
- Two synthetic polypropylene shirts
- Polar fleece jacket
- Waterproof Shell jacket with hood (we recommend Gore-tex)
- Polar fiber cap
- Glacier sun glasses with UV filter for high solar radiation
- One sun cap
- One pair of polar gloves
- Plastic bottle (if possible, wide mouth, Nalgene type)
- Sunscreen cream (SPF 50)
- Lipstick with sunscreen (SPF 50)
- Hygiene items reduced to the minimum necessary
- Photographic equipment
- One pair of trekking or ski poles (optional)
- Swim suit (for Hot Tube use)
Booking Code: T – FRE 15 (Cabins Option) & T – FRE 16 (Tents Option)