This program is one of the great classics. We will visit the two emblematic viewpoints in the area. We can enjoy two days of hike with a night in Poincenot camp, with all the comforts to make our stay a pleasant one.
Day 1: EL CHALTÉN – LAGUNA DE LOS TRES – POINCENOT CAMP
We start at 8 am picking you up at your hotel and from El Chaltén we begin the hike to Laguna de los Tres. On the way we will cross the viewpoint of the Río de las Vueltas and Laguna Capri.
We will enjoy the box lunch in Laguna de los Tres and then we will return to Poincenot camp, where we will spend the night. We can enjoy a delicious dinner and then we will rest in bedroom tents.
Hiking time: 6:00 hrs.
Distance: 17 km
Elevation gain: 700 m (maximum elevation gain during the day)
Accommodation: Camp (sleeping tent in double occupancy, sleeping bag & insulating mat)
Day 2: POINCENOT CAMP – LAGUNA TORRE – EL CHALTÉN
After breakfast, we will continue with our hike. Through the Laguna Madre e Hija we head towards Laguna Torre where we can see the other great spectacle of mountains and glaciers in the area.
In the afternoon we return to El Chaltén by a wonderful forest of Lengas. We have visited the best of the area. End of services.
Hiking time: 8:00 hrs.
Distance: 18 km
Elevation gain: 150 m (maximum elevation gain during the day)
Meals: Breakfast, Box Lunch
Accommodation: Not included
The hiking times, distances and elevation gains are tentative.
Remember that each person will have to carry their own personal equipment, box lunch and water during all the program route.
- Mountain guide
- One night at Poincenot Camp (sleeping tent in double occupancy, sleeping bag & insulating mat)
- Meals specified in the itinerary
- Box lunch (day 1)
- Personal equipment
- All the services that are not specified in this program
- A backpack of 30 liters capacity (Day pack)
- Trekking boots
- Synthetic mountain stockings (2 pairs)
- Strong fleece pants, trekking or other synthetic material
- Waterproof trousers with side closures (we recommend Gore-tex)
- Two synthetic polypropylene shirts
- Polar fleece jacket
- Duvet or synthetic jacket for warmth when not hiking
- Waterproof Shell jacket with hood (we recommend Gore-tex)
- Polar fiber cap
- Glacier sun glasses with UV filter for high solar radiation
- One sun cap
- One pair of polar gloves
- Plastic bottle (if possible, wide mouth, Nalgene type)
- Headlamp (with replacement batteries)
- Multi-purpose penknife
- Sunscreen cream (SPF 50)
- Lipstick with sunscreen (SPF 50)
- Personal first aid kit with personal medicines
- Wide adhesive tape for blisters
- Hygiene items reduced to the minimum necessary
- Photographic equipment
- One pair of trekking or ski poles (optional)
Booking Code: T – FRE 18