Outside of the traditional and busiest trails, this hike is a gift for our adventurous spirit. Without technical difficulty but physically demanding, gave us stunning views of Mount Fitz Roy and its satellite needle until Lago Viedma, located far in the steppe.
We start at 8 am picking you up at your hotel. We will start the hike along the traditional trail to Laguna Torre until the intersection with the trail to Laguna Madre e Hija. From there we will go ascending through the forest to the Loma de las Pizarras (1,700m). We cross a stonecutter looking for the southern edge of the Loma de Las Pizarras and depending on the time of year we can cross snowy areas.
Upon reaching the summit we will taste the box lunch enjoying one of the most impressive views of Cerro Fitz Roy and its satellite needles to Lago, located far in the steppe.
The descent will be done along the Laguna Madre e Hija and Laguna Capri trails, to return to El Chaltén again. End of services.
Hiking time: 10:00 hrs
Distance: 17 km
Elevation gain: 1,250 m (maximum elevation gain during the day)
Meals: Not included
Accommodation: Not included
The hiking times, distances and elevation gains are tentative.
Remember that each person will have to carry their own personal equipment, box lunch and water during all the program route.
- Mountain guide
- Box lunch
- Personal equipment
- All the services that are not specified in this program
- A backpack of 30 liters capacity (Day pack)
- Trekking boots
- Synthetic mountain stockings
- Strong fleece pants, trekking or other synthetic material
- A synthetic polypropylene shirt
- Polar fleece jacket
- Waterproof Shell jacket with hood (we recommend Gore-tex)
- Polar fiber cap
- Glacier sun glasses with UV filter for high solar radiation
- One sun cap
- One pair of polar gloves
- Plastic bottle (if possible, wide mouth, Nalgene type)
- Sunscreen cream (SPF 50)
- Lipstick with sunscreen (SPF 50)
- Hygiene items
- Photographic equipment
- One pair of trekking or ski poles (optional)
Booking Code: T – FRE 26