Loma del Diablo is a unique, wild hike. If you are interested in walking along the lesser known paths so as to have a direct contact with the Patagonia wilderness, this hike is a must. From the top, we will enjoy breathtaking 360-degree panoramic views.
To the North you will see Lago del Desierto, to the West you will find the Cagliero Glacier, to the East you will spot the Rio de las Vueltas, and to the South you will appreciate the stunning face of the Cerro Fitz Roy.
Our day will start 8 am. when we pick you up at your hotel in our vehicle. We will then drive to the beginning of the path located inside our Refugio Laguna Cóndor, 17 km off the town.
From there, we will quickly gain ground winding through a Lenga forest. At the edge of the forest, we will follow a rocky terrain without paths that will lead us along edge of the mountain until we reach the top. While we take in the magnificents views, we will enjoy a short lunch break.
Around 2 pm. we will start our descent toward Refugio Laguna Cóndor, where we will have a snack. Our vehicle will be waiting for us to take us back to El Chaltén at about 5 pm. End of services.
Hiking time: 7:00 hrs
Distance: 20 km
Elevation gain: 1,200 m (maximum elevation gain during the day)
Meals: Not included
Accommodation: Not included
The hiking times, distances and elevation gains are tentative.
Remember that each person will have to carry their own personal equipment, box lunch and water during all the program route.
- Mountain guide
- Round trip transportation from El Chaltén to the trailhead
- Box lunch
- Personal equipment
- All the services that are not specified in this program
- A backpack of 30 liters capacity (Day pack)
- Trekking boots
- Synthetic mountain stockings
- Strong fleece pants, trekking or other synthetic material
- A synthetic polypropylene shirt
- Polar fleece jacket
- Waterproof Shell jacket with hood (we recommend Gore-tex)
- Polar fiber cap
- Glacier sun glasses with UV filter for high solar radiation
- One sun cap
- One pair of polar gloves
- Plastic bottle (if possible, wide mouth, Nalgene type)
- Sunscreen cream (SPF 50)
- Lipstick with sunscreen (SPF 50)
- Hygiene items
- Photographic equipment
- One pair of trekking or ski poles (optional)
Booking Code: T – FRE 17